Thursday, September 8, 2011

Two for One today - The Deadwood Series

Good morning my wonderful friends! Miranda here and I am so excited to share with you my newest favorite series. I read the first two books in one day. That's right folks, two books in ONE day. I am now waiting with baited breath for number 3 to come out in early 2012.

Yesterday I sat down to read the next book coming up for Best Seller For A Day, now I know it's not till Sept 29th, but I couldn't wait to share what I thought of the book and the series. I picked up my NOOK yesterday to read and didn't put it down till I was done. Then promptly went online to purchase the next book in the series. Now I am proud of myself, I did wait to start the second until I had fed the rugrats (shocker I know) but ended up staying up late to finish reading it. Needless to say I am dragging butt this A.M.

What series had me so wrapped up you ask, well it's the Deadwood series by the wonderful, amazing, creative, and all out AWESOME Ann Charles.

Nearly Departed in Deadwood is the first in the series, here's the little snipped that you find about it online:

The first time I came to Deadwood, I got shot in the ass.--Violet Parker

Little girls are vanishing from Deadwood, South Dakota, and Violet Parker's daughter could be next.  She's desperate to find the monster behind the abductions.  But if she's not careful, Violet just might end up as one of Deadwood's dearly departed.

Now that so doesn't give you much, but trust me when I say this is one you don't want to miss. Many of the reviews I had read compared her books to the Stephanie Plum books written by Janet Evonovich and I must say I totally agree.  Ann has created a loveable character in Violet, I can totally see her as being the friend I have been missing my whole life. Headstrong, single mom doing what it takes to take care of her family. Yet her curiosity and empathy for others get her into one tight spot after another. With the help of old man Harvey and Doc Nyce, Violet digs deeper into mysteries where she would be best to keep her nose out of. Solving them by the skin of her teeth every time. On top of the fact she is barely scraping by, she has to deal with her feelings and magnetic attraction to Doc himself and his "secret" that she is determined to discover.

Nearly Departed in Deadwood is a page turner you won't want to put down. And please take my suggestion, grab book #2 while you are at it, cause once you finish book #1 you will want to dive straight into the next one.

In the second book in the series you are dropped straight into the next mystery that Violet uncovers. Non stop from page one, who done it, why and how is what goes through your head. All the while you are rooting for Vi to get over herself and admit her feelings for Doc. You want to smack them both through the book and say wake up, get over yourself and get together all ready! Old Man Harvey and Violet's twins bring in a good dose of comedic relief, you will be on the edge of your seat, laughing till tears and rooting for the bad guys to get caught in the end.

Move over Stephanie Plum, Violet Parke is here to stay!

Go grab your very own copy and fall in love with the Deadwood gang yourself.

Thank you Ann, Deadwood has now made it to my bucket list as places I want to visit before I die! Oh, and I think it's time for me to search out a pair of my very own Purple cowboy boots!!

5 stars from me for both books, keep em coming Ann!

Want to find Ann and her Deadwood Gang?
http://anncharles.com/
Twitter: @AnnWCharles and @DeadwoodViolet
Facebook:  Ann's Page

No comments:

Post a Comment